This four week 8 session workshop prepares prospective students to take the computer-adaptive Graduate Records Examination. The purpose of the course is to improve students’ performance on the GRE test by:
- Providing students with successful test management techniques
- Familiarizing students with question types specific to the GRE
- Teaching the logical, rhetorical, and mathematical problem-solving techniques relevant to the GRE
- Teaching essential grammatical and mathematical concepts and techniques in application to real test problems
- Identifying the specific problems posed by the GRE, and analyzing common test-taking errors
- Improving performance and reducing test anxiety through practice testing
This workshop is taught by Mary Gallagher who has helped hundreds of students perform better on their GRE examinations. While this workshop provides participants with very valuable information, techniques and strategies for maximizing their potential on the GRE. Please note that this course does not replace studying. In addition to taking this workshop we recommend that students dedicate significant time to studying for the examination in order to be truly prepared.
Please visit the Graduate Record Examination web site at www.gre.org to view information on the GRE exam.
$650.00 (Discounts Available – click here for Discounts Details)
UMBC Student and Alumni Discount
UMBC students and alumni are eligible for a $50 discount. Please provide your UMBC student ID on the registration page.
Early Registration Discount
Students who register at least three weeks in advance of the start of a course will receive a $50 discount.
Discounts can be combined!
All materials are provided with the course registration price. These include 3 workbooks or practice tests as well as a set of proprietary handouts developed by the instructor.
*You do not have to be a student at UMBC to take this course. Courses are open to the general public.
What’s included in UMBC’s Test Prep Academy GRE Test Prep Course?
Best Price for any in person GRE Test Prep Course in the area
- UMBC’s TPA offers in-person classroom training at ½ the price that most in-person programs charge. Our cost of $650 per course will save you a lot of money! Up to $100 possible discount for UMBC students and early birds
- UMBC Certificate of course completion
Experienced university educators
- 2 experienced content expert instructors who developed the TPA GRE course
Pre and post test evaluation with actual GRE test practice questions
- Personalized evaluation and tailored instruction
- Progress tracking and evaluation
- Essay grading by university writing specialist
Guarantee score increase
- Free: Take our course a second time if you do not meet your test score goals
- Make-up individual classes in your challenge area’s next time the class is offered
20 hours of hands-on Classroom instruction + guidance on graduate school aid and scholarship information
- Small classroom cohorts and small group learning pod
- Value added optional programing at no additional charge. Optional classes will be offered at no cost in how to best prepare, get accepted and pay for grad school. Areas covered will include: Applications, personal statements, financial aid and scholarships
- Optional Proctored Practice Test Simulations
Three GRE prep workbooks
Online access to Blackboard
- Video/virtual class makeup sessions
- Notes from each class for reference
- Community discussion and answer platform
Free Parking: Classes are held in UMBC’s state of the art campus classroom learning environment
- Methods and strategies
- Verbal reasoning,
- Quantitative reasoning,
- Analytical writing
- Critical thinking skills